Peddler and Solicitor Permits
Purpose of Ordinance
The Town of Parker has adopted the Peddler and Solicitor Ordinance to protect its citizens' right to privacy in their own homes, preserve the public peace and order, and to protect the public safety and welfare. Therefore, all Peddlers and Solicitors who engage in door-to-door sales in residential areas are required to register with the Town Clerk's Office to obtain a permit AND are required to obtain a Parker Business License AND remit the appropriate Sales Tax on all transactions.
Permit applications may be submitted to the Town Clerk's Office by appointment only, Monday through Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. To make an appointment, please contact the Town Clerk's Office at 303.805.3198 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to obtain a Peddler and Solicitor Permit, all Peddlers and Solicitors shall:
- Submit an Application for Registration as Door-to-Door Solicitor and submit the $50 permit fee;
- Obtain a valid Town of Parker Sales Tax License (Business License);
- Complete a Criminal History background check;
- Purchase individual identification badges for each individual engaging in door-to-door sales for $30 each; and
- Remit Sales Tax on all transactions.
Certain individuals are exempt from these registration requirements, including:
- Anyone delivering newspapers, milk, bread, firewood and farm produce;
- Anyone whose activities advocate civic, religious, charitable or political causes;
- Companies that have a franchise agreement with the Town;
- Members of nationally-recognized non-profit organizations participating in fundraising events (i.e. Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Boys and Girls Clubs of America);
- School children engaged in school-authorized or sponsored fundraising activities.
Do Not Solicit List
Residents can request their home address be placed on the Do Not Solicit list for commercial solicitations. It is the responsibility of the permit holder to obtain and review a copy of the current Do Not Solicit List when they receive their permit and at regular intervals thereafter.
To add your name to the Do Not Solicit List, use our online request form or email the Town Clerk at email@example.com, including your First and Last Name, Street Address, Subdivision and Phone Number. Registration for the Do Not Solicit List will go into effect within 30 days after the request is received by the Town.
For more information about Peddler and Solicitor Permits, please contact the Town Clerk's Office at 303.805.3198 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.