We make volunteering easy in Douglas County, Colorado! Through the Partnership of Douglas County Governments (PDCG), nine partner organizations have worked together to create and launch a new countywide website for volunteers, www.VolunteerConnectDC.org. This innovative community resource offers one-stop shopping for volunteers wanting to share their time and skills in the communities of Douglas County.
“The online portal creates an efficient way for Douglas County residents and nonprofits to find each other,” said Ali Ayres, Portal Advisory Group chair. “Volunteers of all ages will find ways to give their time and talents in a way that is meaningful to them. Nonprofit organizations will have help from dedicated volunteers in carrying out their significant missions. It’s a win-win for all.”
Providing an interactive and centralized website experience, www.VolunteerConnectDC.org matches users with countywide volunteer opportunities that can be searched by interest, schedule, location or desired organization. Users can complete a simple profile and sign up for volunteer opportunities across Douglas County with the click of a button.
“The launch of Volunteer Connect Douglas County marks the beginning of a fantastic opportunity,” said Douglas County Libraries Director Jamie LaRue, who helped spearhead this effort. “The purpose of the portal is to provide a centralized location for volunteers throughout our communities to access opportunities to make the world around them better through volunteering.”
The many user benefits of this exciting new volunteer portal include:
• Complete one profile for all opportunities that reflects your skills and interests
• Find reliable and timely information on volunteer opportunities
• Filter through opportunities based on interest, location or organization
• Upload required forms and certifications
• Sign up for disaster response in your community
• Track your hours and mileage
• Easily find teen opportunities and complete required school district forms
• Complete community service requirements
• Find opportunities for individuals, families, small groups and large groups
• Read news about local volunteerism and highlights in our community
• Instill volunteerism values in children at an early age
Volunteer Connect Douglas County is a project of the Partnership of Douglas County Governments, designed to sustain a culture of volunteerism in our community. PDCG communities include the City of Castle Pines, Town of Castle Rock, Douglas County, Douglas County Libraries, Douglas County School District, Highlands Ranch Metro District, Town of Larkspur, City of Lone Tree and Town of Parker. Volunteer Connect Douglas County – we make it easy to volunteer!