In an effort to limit the possibility of a wildfire, the Town of Parker’s Office of Emergency Management has followed the Douglas County Sheriff's Office of Emergency Management by issuing a Stage One Fire Ban until further notice.
• Open burning of any kind
• Use of all fireworks
• Fires for which a permit has been obtained from the South Metro Fire Rescue Authority
• Professional fireworks displays
• At developed picnic sites contained in a fixed permanent metal/steel fire pit
- Gas- and liquid-fuel-powered appliances. Fires contained within liquid-fueled or gas-fueled stoves, grills, fire pits or other gas- or liquid-fueled appliances.
- Fireplaces, wood-burning stoves. Fires contained within fireplaces and wood-burning stoves within buildings only.
- Explosive waste. Burning of explosive wastes by the manufacturer of explosives in areas zoned for industrial use, when the burning is supervised by the South Metro Fire Rescue Authority.
- Suppression fires. Open fires or open burning by any federal, state or local officer, or member of the South Metro Fire Rescue Authority in the performance of an official duty.
- Charcoal grills. Residential use of charcoal grills when such use is supervised by a responsible party at least eighteen (18) years of age. Extreme care and caution should be used to ensure that charcoal coals are extinguished completely after use.