Fireworks Sales, Use Prohibited During Stage 1 Fire Restriction
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office issued a Stage 1 Fire Restriction on April 21, 2022. According to the Town of Parker Municipal Code, the sale and use of fireworks in Town is currently prohibited while fire restrictions are in place. The Town’s Community Development Department will continue to accept and review Temporary Use Permit applications for fireworks stands, however, applications will not be approved and permits will not be issued until any fire restrictions are lifted.
Stage One Fire Ban Issued April 21
The Town of Parker’s Office of Emergency Management has followed the Douglas County Office of Emergency Management by enacting a Stage One Fire Ban until further notice.
- Open burning of any kind.
- Use of fireworks.
- Sale of fireworks.
- Fires within liquid-fueled or gas-fueled stoves, fireplaces within buildings, charcoal grill fires within developed residential or commercial areas, and fires within wood burning stoves within buildings only.
- Professional fireworks displays permitted according to section 12-28-103 of the C.R.S.
- Fire suppression or fire department training fires.
- Small recreational fires at developed picnic or campground sites contained in fixed permanent metal/steel fire pits (rock fire rings are considered temporary and not permanent) with flame lengths not in excess of four feet or the residential use of charcoal grills, tiki torches, fires in chimineas or other portable fireplaces or patio fire pits, so long as said fires are supervised by a responsible person at least 18 years of age.
- Professional fireworks displays.