Bicycling and walking are not only great recreational pastimes, they are also important means of travel for many people. The Town of Parker is working to create a new master plan that will help promote safe travel by bike and foot in our community.
The Bike and Pedestrian Master Plan will serve as the Town’s policy document and "road map" to support safe, comfortable and connected bike and pedestrian infrastructure. It will be developed as a supplement to the Town of Parker's Transportation Master Plan and will incorporate the Town’s current Bike Lane Plan and include recommendations that help create a cohesive bicycle and pedestrian network for all users.
This project kicked off last winter with research, data collection and analysis. Adoption of the plan is anticipated to occur in late 2021.
The Bike and Pedestrian Master Plan is expected to:
- Align Town regulations with the community’s vision and goals for an active transportation plan
- Identify gaps in infrastructure to effectively allocate resources
- Provide guidance for future development of bike and pedestrian infrastructure
- Advance interconnectivity of the bike and pedestrian transportation network
- Improve mobility choices and opportunities for walking and biking
- Enhance the overall quality of life for Parker residents
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
The Town of Parker invites you to help inform and shape this planning process through the Bike and Pedestrian Master Plan project webpage on the Let's Talk Parker online community engagement website at www.ParkerOnline.org/BikeandPedPlan. Visit this project page to learn more about the plan and process, alert us to areas of concern for pedestrians and cyclists via an interactive map tool, provide survey feedback and leave additional comments.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have additional questions or comments, please contact the Town's Community Development Department at 303.841.2332.