Peddler and Solicitor Licenses
The Town Clerk's Office issues peddler / solicitor licenses. This service is provided on a first-come, first-served basis Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to Noon and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. We do not take appointments.
By ordinance, the Town of Parker requires all peddlers and solicitors engaged in door-to-door sales to register and obtain a permit to conduct business in Parker.
Anyone soliciting residential areas for the purpose of door-to-door sales must:
- Register with the Town Clerk's office
- Obtain a $50 permit for their company to conduct business in the Town of Parker
- Obtain a $30 ID badge for each individual engaging in door-to-door sales
- Pay sales tax on those transactions
- Obtain a Parker Business License
Purpose of Ordinance
The purpose of the Peddler / Solicitor Ordinance (7.14) is as follows:
- Ensures that any individual or business engaged in door-to-door sales has a business license
- Allows Parker to deny a license or permit to any individual who has been charged with:
- Breach of warranty or contract in Parker or elsewhere
- Failure to comply with this ordinance, or any ordinance applicable to the applicant's permitted activities, obtain a sales tax license or remit sales tax due to the Town
- Allows Parker to deny a permit any individual who, in the past five years, has been:
- Convicted of crimes or acts against people or property
- Institutionalized for mental illness that caused acts of violence against people or property
Violation of the ordinance is a misdemeanor and conviction carries a fine of up to $499.
Those exempt from the ordinance are individuals:
- Delivering newspapers, milk, bread, firewood and farm produce
- Whose activities advocate civic, religious, charitable or political causes
- Companies that have a franchise agreement with the Town
- Members of a nationally-recognized non-profit organization (such as Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, etc.) participating in fundraising events
- School children engaging in school-authorized or sponsored fundraising activities
Exempt persons who engage in door-to-door sales or solicitation of contributions shall not be required to obtain an identification card prior to engaging in door-to-door sales or solicitation of contributions.
Do Not Solicit List
Residents can request that their home address be placed on a Do Not Solicit list for commercial solicitations. To add your name, you can complete an online registration form and submit it to the Town Clerk's office.
Registration for the Do Not Solicit list will go into effect within 30
days after the registration form is received by the Town. It is the
responsibility of the permit holder to obtain and review a copy of the
Do Not Solicit list when they receive their permit and at regular