Neighborhood Services Manager
20120 E. Mainstreet
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Neighborhood Services Division of the Community Development Department handles code compliance in Parker. Zoning violations can involve land use
violations, health and safety concerns, sign code
violations, site plan and subdivision violations and enforcement of municipal codes and regulations.
Frequent complaints involve signs, trash and debris, overflowing or unsanitary dumpsters, weeds, failure to remove snow from sidewalks, inoperable vehicles, failure to obtain permits for land use or change of use and a variety of other issues. The code enforcement personnel will discuss any questions or comments you have and explain the ways we may be able to help you.
Parker Town Council updated the Town’s sign code in July 2013 to allow for "limited duration and temporary signs," which include signs advertising garage sales. These signs are now permitted in the right-of-way for a limited period of time under the following conditions.
- A maximum of four signs are permitted per residential lot
- The signs may only be posted beginning at noon on Thursdays through 7 p.m. on the following Sunday
- The signs may not exceed 5 square feet per face and 4 feet in height
- The signs cannot be attached to public utility poles, traffic and other directional signs, vehicles, utility boxes, fences, other structures or trees
- The signs cannot be placed in medians, roadways, shoulders or bike paths/lanes
- Signs must be located 50 feet from all intersections and at least 6 feet from the edge of the roadway
- Signs must be located at least 10 feet from any other garage sale sign
As part of this program, the Town's Neighborhood Services Division has pre-approved Garage Sale signs available for purchase at Town Hall.
If you have any questions about the use of land
, the sign code
or violations, please contact us.
View Neighborhood Services Division contact information