The original item was published from April 2, 2018 10:13 AM to December 14, 2021 10:08 AM
Do you love to volunteer? Does your teen need to complete volunteer hours for their school? If so, Parker has some great spring and summer volunteer opportunities available at www.VolunteerConnectDC.org
. Parker is a proud partner in the Volunteer Connect Douglas County website, which offers one-stop shopping for volunteers wanting to share their time and skills in Douglas County.
Brought to you by the Partnership of Douglas County Governments (PDCG), this innovative website provides an interactive and centralized online experience and lets users easily search countywide service opportunities by interest, schedule, location or desired organization. After completing a simple profile, you can sign up for volunteer opportunities across the county with the click of a button.
The many user benefits of this exciting volunteer portal include:
• Complete only one volunteer profile for all opportunities
• Find reliable and timely information on volunteer opportunities
• Filter through listings based on interest, location or organization
• Upload required forms and certifications
• Track your hours and mileage
• Easily find opportunities for teens and complete required school district forms
• Complete community service requirements
• Find opportunities for individuals, families or small and large groups
• Read news about local volunteerism and highlights in our community
• Instill volunteerism values in children at an early age
A project of the PDCG, Volunteer Connect Douglas County includes members from the Cities of Castle Pines and Lone Tree; Towns of Castle Rock, Larkspur and Parker; Douglas County; Douglas County Libraries; Douglas County School District; and Highlands Ranch Metro District. Approved non-profit organizations also continue to come on board and offer additional volunteer opportunities.
A list of opportunities available with the Town of Parker, Parker Arts, Parker Parks and Recreation and the Parker Police Department, as well as contact information for volunteer program representatives, can also be found here