Ruth Memorial Chapel on Mainstreet is celebrating 100 years! Join the Town and the Parker Area Historical Society and travel back in time to 1913 in honor of the year the Chapel was built. Festivities will be held at the Chapel on Saturday, May 18 from 10 a.m. to noon and will include carriage rides, tours of the Chapel, refreshments and music from 1913, performed by members of the Denver Municipal Band. The event is free and be sure to bring a camera for photo opportunities!
Located at 19650 E. Mainstreet in downtown Parker, the Ruth Memorial Chapel was dedicated on May 25, 1913 and named in memory of Ruth Heath, Dr. Walter Heath’s daughter. According to members of the Parker United Methodist Church, Dr. Heath provided $1,000 for the construction of the building in hopes that it would become a Methodist Church. Dr. Heath passed before the building’s completion. Ruth Memorial Chapel was home to the Parker United Methodist Church until 1996. A miniature replica of the building stands at the Parker United Methodist Church’s current location on Parker Road and Pine Drive. The Chapel was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in May 1989 and became a Parker Landmarked property in July 1998.
Today, the Chapel is home to several churches and is available for weddings, small group meetings and other functions. For more information, please contact Denise Zoglmann at 303.805.3365 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.