The Town of Parker is hosting a poster/essay contest for K-5 grade students to celebrate Colorado Cities & Towns Week. The contest theme this year is, “Our Town is ___________.” (Safe, Clean, Fun, Helpful, or Smart)”. Students may select one or all five themes. The purpose of the contest is to encourage students to think about the important programs and services the Town provides. It is open to any K-5 grade student living in the Town of Parker.
- Students are to create an 8.5” x 11” poster showing a program or service provided by the Town.
- On the back of the poster, students should include a brief (no more than 50 words) explanation of the program or service depicted and how it connects to the theme.
- The names of the student and teacher must appear on the back of the poster along with the school and the teacher’s email address or phone number.
- Only one entry per student is permitted.
- Hand-drawn images illustrating the program or service are allowed.
- Mailed entries must be postmarked by September 1, 2017 to: Town of Parker, Attn: Town Administrator’s Office, 20120 E. Mainstreet, Parker, CO 80138.
- Students may work alone or in small groups at the teacher’s discretion.
We will be selecting three winners. These students will be recognized during the September 18 Town Council meeting. The winning posters will be displayed in Town Hall during Colorado Cities and Towns Week, Sept. 11 through 17. Winners will also be invited to a special lunch with the Mayor.
Any questions may be directed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.805.3293