As Trick or Treat on Mainstreet returns to downtown Parker on Tuesday, Oct. 31 from 3:30 to 7 p.m., commuting motorists are advised to avoid the downtown area during the afternoon and evening due to street closures (see map below).
- Beginning at 1:30 p.m., Mainstreet will be closed between the two Victorian Drive intersections. Traffic will still be allowed to use Victorian Drive to bypass this portion of Mainstreet from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Pikes Peak Drive between Mainstreet and Pikes Peak Avenue will also be closed off at this time for the remainder of the day.
- Beginning at 3:30 p.m., the Mainstreet closure will be extended from the west Victorian Drive intersection up to the entrance of the Baskin Robbins/Wells Fargo shopping center. No access to Victorian will be allowed from Parker Road under any circumstances. The west half of Victorian Drive, from Mainstreet to Longs Way, will also be closed to through traffic until approximately 9 p.m.
- If you need to travel from west of Parker Road to east of downtown, it is suggested that you use Lincoln Avenue or Hilltop Road as bypass routes. Since only the west half of Victorian Circle will be closed during this event (west of the Longs Way/Victorian intersection), Longs Way to the east half of Victorian Drive will serve as an additional downtown bypass.
- Since the west portion of Victorian Drive will be closed, as well as Mainstreet, the only vehicles allowed into this section of street will be event-goers parking in O’Brien Park and exiting traffic.
- Parking spaces in O’Brien Park are very limited compared to the demand for this event, so alternative areas for parking are suggested. Free parking with easier access is available in lots at the Schoolhouse, PACE Center and Town Hall.
Trick or Treat on Mainsteet is organized by the Cherry Creek Valley Rotary Club of Parker. For more information on this event, visit www.TrickorTreatonMainstreet.com.