The Town of Parker is proud of the extensive trail system here in our community. To help maximize your experience and keep trails safe for users of all different ages and abilities, please remember the following “rules of the road.”
Town Code Requirements for Bicycling on the Trails
- Cyclists must observe a 15 mph speed limit.
- Cyclist must not ride their bike in a careless, unsafe manner.
Additional Guidelines if You Bicycle on Parker's Trails
- Cyclists should always yield to pedestrians and equestrians.
- Use a bell or whistle, or call out when passing others, preferably on the left.
- Slow down when approaching other trail users or intersections and do not block the trail—pull off of the trail when stopping.
- Be aware of potential safety issues such as loose gravel, glass, mud or water on the trail and ride appropriately.
- For your safety, always wear a helmet when bicycling.
General Trail Etiquette
- Be aware of other trail users and treat them courteously.
- Whenever possible, stay on the right side of the trail so faster traffic can pass on the left; make sure kids and pets stay with you out of harm’s way.
- When passing others, look behind you before moving to the left side of the trail to ensure it is safe to pass.
- Call out that you are passing, especially if you are on a bike or scooter, to allow time for other users to get children or pets to the right side of the trail.
- Always anticipate other trail users, especially children, strollers and dogs; slow down when approaching corners.
- Keep the trails clean by using trash cans where available or carrying litter with you to dispose of it properly.
- Keep your pet on a leash; carry a bag and clean up after your pet—complimentary bags are provided at waste stations throughout the trail system.
- Motorized vehicles, except those used for ADA purposes, are not allowed on Town trails.