In response to recent wildfires and in an effort to limit the possibility of a wildfire, the Town of Parker’s Office of Emergency Management followed the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office by issuing a Stage Two Fire Ban on Aug. 17 until further notice.
In addition to the local Stage Two Fire Ban, the State of Colorado issued a statewide open fire ban on Aug. 19 that also apply to both Douglas County and the Town of Parker.
- Open burning of any kind
- Use of fireworks – including professional firework displays
- Use of fires in chimineas, other portable fireplaces or patio fire pits
- Campfires at developed campgrounds or picnic areas
- Fires within liquid-fueled or gas-fueled stoves, grills, fire pits, or other gas or liquid-fueled appliances
- Residential use of charcoal grill fires when such use is supervised by a responsible party at least 18 years of age
- Fires contained within fireplaces and wood-burning stoves within buildings only
- Fire suppression or fire department training fires